Agenda for NIIT-SLAC Meeting back
->Jerrod: Passo\port, NUST invitation letter ready. Not Yet applied for
visa. Tentative Travel Date: 6-20th of Feb' 2005
-> Fawad: Awaiting answer from the embassy. Expected in the first half of
2) Jerrod's Agenda for Pakistan's Visit: Fawad to send him the updated
agenda, whereas Jerrod will add his ideas to bring up a formidable agenda.
3) Paper for korea related to PCA
- report progress
(*) Have fed the anomalous traffic from LES to the algorithm
(*) Code adjustment for adjusting 3D data & calculating PComponents
- issues and problem areas discussed
(*) Progress of PCA was updated
(*) Les will remain in touch through email during holidays
(*) If the algorithm in future can somehow detect anomalies spread on
- future tasks
(*) Will work on data (anomalous patterns) b/w NIIT-SLAC
(*) Calculate data points with maximum orhtogonal distances & find out
their time at which this event has happened
(*) Have to generate 3D scatter plots usning MATLAB
(*) If results successfully detects anomalous points immediately work for
KOREAN paper submission, its registration and invitation for the
5) Fluttering Traceroutes:
-> Fawad pointed out that the Route from SLAC to NIIT is not the same as
one from NIIT to SLAC
-> Les pointed out two techniques.
a) Use the reverse traceroute server (at SLAC)
b) Look at TraceANAL. Les was supposed to send the URL immediately after
6) Host NIC Monitoring: Alf Walshman from SLAC is working on a similar
project. Les will forward the details to Aziz (thats me). Also, we can
move from NIC to other parameters to identify anamolous events, but NIC is
a good starting point.
7) Next Meeting will also include discussion on CF Engine.
8) NAN: Jiri has been updated by Fawad about the NAN progress.
9) Next Meeting 6th January 2005 at 9:00 p.m (Pakistan time), 8:00 a.m
(US West Coast Time)
10) Visit to Korea to read the paper will be discussed.
ęCopyright 2004, NIIT and SLAC.